Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Getting Back On Track #15

I have started my new workout routine. I have stopped doing as many total abdominal reps on a strength machine. I had been doing 200 reps, and had gone down to 140. My trainer told me the total motion was bulking up my shoulder and neck muscles. He suggested I should reduce it further so I'm down to 100 reps. I have added 4 new floor exercises, 3 which I like.  The one I don't like seems to strain the same neck muscles that were a problem, so I may drop it.   Kept my total routine time the same, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.  I enjoy doing these new exercises but I am not sure how effective they will be at improving my posture.  Overall I feel I am benefiting a lot from the elliptical.  You know the total motion used is similar to running or jogging, which we will talk about in a later post.

Okay, no one has left a comment yet about what's up with no posting number 13.   Nobody caught it?  I don't think so.  Look, buildings don't have a 13th floor.  If they did, an elevator wouldn't stop there. Why?  Well, there is no number 13 button on elevators. ever seen one?  Nope.  Ships don't have a 13th deck, most planes don't have a row 13, you don't give your sweetheart 13 roses for valentines, and I don't have a post 13.

Fresh fruit is readily available right now.  I have been getting fresh ripe cherries, which like most fruit is packed with antioxidants.  I have been eating a lot of  fruit the last couple of weeks, especially as light snacks.  For some reason I have been getting hungry in between meals.  I watched a young lady on the Today program this morning.  I believe she was the winner on the Biggest Losers, having lost over 100 pounds.  She said something I thought was very good advice to those wanting or needing to lose a lot of weight.  When ask how she did it, she said in small individual steps, a little at a time. Her initial challenge or goal was not to lose as much weight as she did.  Notice that is a pretty common theme with people who have been successful in losing a lot of weight.  I  think that is the best advice I could give someone in meeting their weight loss goals. Do it in small consistent stages over a long period of time.

Cindy says I'm spending too much time talking about things in my blog post other than my progress of returning to good cardio health and encouraging others like me to know they can too. I should instill that their health can be even better than before, how I did it, and continue to do it.  Maybe she's right. I need to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT