Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strength, Stamina, Goodtimes, #10

I have a check up scheduled with my cardiologist in a few weeks.  Again I am looking forward to having my test results showing continued improvements. I have been diligent in exercising on a regular basis.  I have controlled my weight, eaten a healthy diet, and have what my cardiologist regards as a healthy cholesterol level. I remain motivated to continue improving all of these factors for a couple of reasons. I want my blood pressure, strength, and stamina to return to normal. I have done everything my doctors have ask of me in order to return to what I consider to be normal activity.  My stamina has not improved as quickly as I hoped it would. Yesterday I decided to hand wash and clean my wife's vehicle. This was about 3 hours doing at a slow enjoyable pace.  Afterwards I basically had to rest for a while.  Same thing the day before. Doing some yard work which I enjoy. This was not strenuous. Some trimming with a weed eater, and rode a lawn tractor for about an hour. Same result, had to rest afterwards. I am in to my second year of exercising, working out, and have made significant gains in strength and stamina. But the past few weeks I seem to be getting tired easily.  I have regained much of my strength, and some stamina.  You know it's kind of like I use to could lift 100 pounds 20 times, and I can still lift it but only 5 times, and it tires me out for a few hours. When I walk up the stairs in our home I  pause at the top, being a little winded.  And some of my being tired is progressing to feeling exhausted.  I think the reality is my strength and stamina  may not be what they once were.  Exercising and working out is going to be important cardio health maintenance, and a continuing to rebuild strength and stamina to prior levels.

Okay stop, right here, I had some really good stuff a full paragraph or two, and Blogger had a malfunction, not the part you see but where you go to write and publish, anyway it all got lost, and I'm trying to remember the good parts that were lost. I was writing and listening to the opening Odd Couple movie theme music and credits on YouTube. It shows a bustling New York City at night, all lit up, back in the late 60's with the Odd Couple music theme playing in the back ground.  My wife and I had been married maybe 2 months when we saw the movie. Whenever it's on TV I try to watch it. Not that I think it is the greatest movie ever.  It brings back a pleasant time in our lives, jobs, and marriage I sometimes think about. I guess sometimes you think about how great it use to be and not about the not so good stuff back then.  And 50 years from now I'll look back and say "honey when we were 65, those were the good times."  And she'll say can't you just be satisfied with being a 115 year old heart attack survivor................

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT