Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Medication #135

I have not abandoned my personal program to continue to improve and maintain my cardiovascular health.  You understand my personal situation and I hope soon to be able to spend more time providing you with the same information as in the past.  Information that will encourage and help your efforts in your cardiovascular rehabbing.

I briefly mentioned to you about me changing my cardiologist without giving you any details.   I felt my health had improved drastically the last 2 years.  However my use of prescription medications had not changed.  I was not feeling as good as I thought I should and was pretty certain it was the side-effects of tsome of the medications.   The final happening was I had gotten so disappointed in feeling tired after exerting so little effort.   My cardiologist who spoke so often in the initial stages of recovery about the importance of exercise, diet, and weight loss seemed to have little interest as I surpassed by far my initial goals.  And after drastically changing my diet and reducing my cholesterol levels by 95 points, he  continued prescribing cholesterol medication for me.  I wanted to get a second opinion from a cardiologist that I had known of through others.  After hearing my story and reviewing my rehab history he began reducing and taking me off some medications.  I immediately began to feel better and did not become exhausted so easily.   Now that did not fix the lack of stamina, or endurance.  I knew those two were direct results of age, heart health, and heart surgery.

I am not advocating you do the same only saying you know what is best for you and to trust your own judgement.  No one outside your family and friends is  as concerned about your good health as you are. 

Exercise and diet have become a major part of my success in returning to a fully active lifestyle.   I do want to properly take good health care of myself and have a very good  cardiologist leading my way.   But I do not want to be needlessly taking medication.


Soon to have another posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT