Friday, October 19, 2012

My Exercise Information #138

How many of you have been taking it easy with your exercise program because I have not been pushing you about it weekly.   This week I am not going to go over at which recovery stage is best for which exercises. And which exertion levels and exercises fit you best.  We have gone over those subjects many times for new and long time readers. 

The point is exercise is a critical part of your overall effort to get back to good heart health.   Being consistent is more important than how many exercises, or how long your exercise.   It is recommended of course you do exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes daily.   Depending on how much weight you have lost, or want to lose, and at what stage of recovery you have reached can determine what sort of exercises you do.   Also your age has much to do with establishing a good exercise program.   There are so many benefits we gain from exercise in addition to improving our cardiovascular health.   I will give you an example.  Around three months ago I had to take another treadmill test at the hospital.   There were three independent treadmill test being given at one time.  I was by far the oldest of those taking the test.   I was the only one to go the distance, reaching my maximum targeted heart rate, and time limit. I felt very proud about doing that.   This was a result of my exercising on a daily basis and the improvements I have made in my overall health.

In a few weeks I return to my new cardiologist and I am going to talk to him about the types of exercises, and exertion I put forth.  I want to be sure he approves of my total exercise program.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT