Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Uneasy Highway # 1

Sunday my blood pressure began to abnormally increase.   115/70 has been normal range for me.  My first couple of daily readings were in the 145 range and continued to elevate until reaching 178/95.   Finally Cindy  decided I should go to the ER of a nearby hospital and have a doctor check me.   After several hours in the ER it was decided I would be kept over for further test. 

My blood pressure was staying in the 160 plus range and I was having heart pains.  The next day my cardiologist ordered a nuclear stress test followed that afternoon by a heart catherization searching for blockage.   No blockage was found, I went home from the hospital the following day.  What do I make of all of this?  I do not know and I feel somewhat unsure of my heart health.   Until Sunday I considered myself a great example of a healthy lifestyle for those older people recovering from heart problems.  


As usual Cindy through all of my troubles  has been there at my side.  Whether it is push or shove, win or lose, rain or shine, Cindy never falters. She never wavers. She has always been there and has never lost faith in us.

Cindy and I have always appreciated and counted our many blessings and not looked back at our misgivings.  The day after I got home from the hospital, Cindy went to her doctor for an annual physical.  That night as we were driving to dinner she got a call from her doctor after 6:30 pm.  We both knew from the time of the call  it was not to deliver good news.  Upon reviewing the test results, her doctor discovered a mass on one of her lungs.  She is not smoker.   Monday I go to my cardiologist for a check up and Friday Cindy goes to a hospital for a biopsy.  I will give you the results of her test as soon as we know.  I am healthy and strong,  I worry and pray for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT