Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Heart Patient Exercise#132

My wife is encouraging me to continue to write postings relevant to heart patients  becoming and remaining in good cardio health.   As some of you know Cindy is very ill.  She remains enthusiastic, and lives every day as close to what use to be normal for us.  She should be an inspiration to those who are extremely ill.

What sort of exercises you perform, and how soon after heart surgery have a lot in common with each other.  I must insert this exclusion here, and that is what I describe about initial exercise for a heart patient is based on my condition at that time and the advice of my cardiologist. You should seek the same information from your cardiologist.   I began to walk very, very short distances after being home just a few days from the hospital.  In a matter of a few weeks a short 5 minute with a stop to rest walk had become 15 minutes. And it grew from there until I was walking at a good pace for 45 minutes, including up and down some slight inclines around my neighborhood.   Inclines that before having a heart attack would have me huffing and puffing.   This was all achieved over a period of time from October 1, through late November.   By late February I had joined a fitness center and began a basic cardio fitness program for myself.  From there I developed a program for me that was at the core of three elements that have led to my return to good health.   And you can too.

Next time more on exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT