Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Flu Bug #97

I woke up this morning with a new appreciation for my improved good health.  You know it does not take long to take some good things for granted and that has happened to me.  We spoke last time about Cindy beginning a new home project for us, and the first morning with all the workmen here, it started off just as the new carpet deal did.  A big fat flop.  I mean within 15 minutes of starting, everything planned on would not work with what we had to work with.    It got worse.   I was in my office down the hall from all the work commotion and had not felt good since I had gotten up.  I had made it through my workout, but by the time I got home I was feeling not so good.  I never get sick to my stomach.   In a matter of minutes I got so sick at my stomach, dizzy, ached everywhere and did not think I would be able to walk down stairs.  I should mention Cindy had just had the same thing and was not completely over that. She was maybe 50% normal.   Whatever I had, it was more like the flu than a stomach virus which was the diagnosis from our two family medical advisers.   It was 4 days of feeling terrible and now is the fifth day and I do feel like getting up and around some.

My point.  I realized this morning, that coming home from the hospital,  back there after heart surgery, how I felt and wondered if the rest of my life was going to be feeling that way every day.  And it could have been that feeling being exhausted, not wanting to do much, sort of depressing feeling.  And that made me think of some of you reading this.  I hope I have helped you see that you can, and have gained back your health and lifestyle.  During being sick, I don't know why, but I got cravings for food that I have not had in a long time.  And it took a lot to resist the urge.  I kept feeling it would be okay just this once.  I was sick and that would justify eating the butter pecan ice cream, and so forth.   I had to keep telling myself I can't go back to where I use to be.  I know many of you struggle with that every day, but me being sick the last few days, has made me appreciate myself for getting my health back.  And I don't want to lose that.

I go to my cardiologist for my regular check up and exam in a few days.  No apprehension, but my blood pressure has been very low.  Too low.  This morning  after exercising it was 88/47.   I rested several minutes and took it again and it was basically the same.  Now, about two hours later, it is up to 107/54.  So I do have concern about mine being low and the cause.  I will guess I am going to be in for a blood pressure medication change.   Again, maintaining a daily record of your blood pressure readings can be so valuable in helping your cardiologist in diagnosing and prescribing proper treatment for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT