Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rendezvous Ribs and Chocolate #47

I added Ad-Sense to my blog after giving it a lot of thought and researching to feel comfortable that the advertisements would be compatible with this blog.  I had no dreams of generating a lot of revenue through payments to me from ad-sense.   What I did think was the advertisements would be compatible with my content and blog purpose.  That I would be ranked higher in google search, and that my readers base would be more widespread.    I have been very disappointed in the advertisments' content they have attached to my blog.  As an example I am familiar with Schwan's foods.  We use to be a customer, they deliver to your door via a delivery driver who is usually a very good salesman.  The sales/delivery guy fills your order right from the truck. We thought their products and quality was very good, but I considered their prices high.    Now Schwans is one of the companies that ad-sense displays at times on my heart health blog.  And in fairness to Schwan's, I thought perhaps they do offer heart healthy foods.  So I followed the ad-sense Schwan's ad directly from this blog to their web-site.  Did nothing special, expecting to be in the healthy section.  Pizza, doughnuts, desserts, ice cream sandwiches, peanut butter ice cream, loaded waffle cone ice cream, pancake and sausage on a stick, just to name a few. Okay, that is what I found, so I realize I made a mistake and I am going to get rid of ad-sense.  It doesn't fit me or this blog.

I now have my workout routine working pretty, pretty, pretty good.   I'm trying to write it the way Larry David says it.  Didn't work did it.   The pretty should stretch out like prettttttteeeeee good.  Anyway, when I am doing all the different exercises in my routine I feel good, invigorated, anyway you want to say pretty good, that is the way I feel. Plus I feel good about myself after working out. Even the treadmill doesn't seem boring anymore.  My shoulders use to brother me  being sore and I think it had something to do with my posture not being very good.   Now the shoulder problem has gone away and the posture has really improved.

I have been craving certain foods recently.  Not what I would have thought 2 years ago when I began to change my eating habits, and going over to healthy foods.  I would have thought the fast food burgers, fries, barbecue were the foods I would miss.  You know, Memphis is world famous for the barbecue pork shoulder sandwiches and ribs.  Dry style and wet ribs. You don't go very far around here without finding several small and large places that specialize in barbecued pork of some sort.  There are people reading this from Russia and Germany and I wonder if they have heard of the Memphis barbecue, especially the ribs.  The Rendezvous ribs are still our favorite.  We just don't eat there anymore.  However, I am not craving or wanting any of that kind of food.  No, I don't want barbecue, porterhouse steak, prime rib king cut,  mash potatoes, fried potatoes, double cheeseburger, or a bucket of good ole greasy fried chicken.  No not any of that, I want chocolate.  Candy bars, chocolate milk, brownies, chocolate cake, a big hunk of fudge, a giant Snickers bar, a Baby Ruth as big as my arm, give me some chocolate. Sad isn't it.  Ever seen the TV commercial of the little chubby boy selling chocolate candy bars door to door.  He starts out so nice and neat and he gets to the first house, rings the door bell, it opens and he is standing there with chocolate smeared all around his mouth.  That's the way Cindy would find me if she left a big chocolate cake laying around the kitchen.  No chocolate left in the house, just me standing there with a big chocolate smile on my face.  You know the cake Cindy......... the cake with that super gooey chocolate pecan icing.........

Back when I didn't care what or how much I ate, I didn't eat that much chocolate that  I now crave. Chocolate just was not a favorite of mine.

Sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas I may invite Cindy down to the Rendezvous for some of those ribs.  We have been going down there for almost 46 years, going back to when we were still in college, and surely to goodness one more time wouldn't hurt anything.

Next time we will talk about Chocolate. Or maybe something healthy that probably would be more suitable.  If I get that cake I'll let you know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT