Sunday, November 6, 2011

Doing New Exercises #51

My last couple of days of exercising represent  the reason for heart patients to do so on a regular basis.  I have made some minor changes to my routine by adding two new elements.   One of those are leg lifts which I told you about earlier, and the other is the assisted chin-ups strength machine.   I really feel energized after going through my routine.  And I prefer going early a.m. to do my exercises.  I normally wake up early, shower, shave and go directly to the fitness center.  I enjoy starting my day this way.  I am not one of those people who have a hard time waking up in the mornings, need to sit around quietly, and slowly clear the cobwebs to get myself going...When I wake up I am ready to go.  Absolutely must have a hot shower within minutes of getting out of bed.  I think the immediate shower helps invigorate and get me going.  Plus I am a lot more energized and ready to work  out.  As the the day moves on I have less energy.   I have tried working out mid-morning, mid-day, afternoons, and I just don't feel as good during or after working out as I do going in early morning.  If you are reading this because you are a heart patient, or you know someone who is, exercise has been a key ingredient in my recovery and health improvement.  It is amazing the healthy effect exercise has had on my blood pressure.  It will make a 20 point difference in mine for hours after exercising.   Are you monitoring your blood pressure daily and keeping a record of it?  You need to do that and provide it to your doctor at least twice a year.  

I am really excited about this upcoming weekend.  I am a hunter and enjoy being in the out of doors during the fall and winter.  This weekend is a once a year statewide  youth hunt only.  An opportunity for parent or grandparent to take a young person deer hunting, to experience the outdoors, watch the sunrise and observe wildlife and nature wake up in the mornings.  I am taking one of my grandchildren Saturday morning and have been looking forward to them doing this with me for a while.  We are not using or taking a gun, but rather a camera, to take pictures of wildlife and record that first day going hunting together.

 Being with family and doing things you enjoy,  you appreciate having and living a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT