Monday, May 13, 2013

Healthy Foods Clementines & Oranges #153

To maintain good cardiovascular health I continue to eat a healthy diet and exercise vigorously (for my age) daily.  I believe these two healthy lifestyle benefits contribute to lessen the likelihood of development of heart disease and many forms of cancer.

I am certain, but not positive, that many of our readers are recovering patients of poor cardiovascular health.   Many  more have recovered and are into the later stages which include developing personal methods to maintain and improve your heart and overall health.  This leads us to focus on the foods we eat, and the activity levels of our lifestyles.   Living in the U.S. I can only pass along to you the foods I eat because of the daily availability.  I say this because we have as many readers outside this country as those from the U.S.

Clementines are a form of citrus fruits easily available in my area.  For those of you wondering clementines are the result of the crossing of navel oranges and mandarin oranges. I eat them on a daily basis, sometimes one,  many more twice daily.   Usually soon after exercising.   I eat a variety known as "Cuties"  which are grown in California from fall through April or May.  I live in the southeast U.S. and have no problem finding these or other varieties of clementine year round.  Why do I choose clementines over oranges, which I also eat?   I find all varieties of clementines to be consistent in taste and quality which I do not find in oranges.  And this may be only because of living where I do.    Clementines and oranges contain almost the exact same antioxidants and other healthy nutrients. Packed with high amounts of vitamin C clementines also contain large amounts of antioxidants which do reduce the chances of some cancers by destroying dangerous free radicals and contribute to your heart health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST COMMENT